Advanced Post List
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Advanced Post List

Community support forum for other developers who use the plugin.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Moving Website Community to a Hosted Site

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin

Right now I'm still working on some things at EkoJr.com, but so far most of the stuff is up and running and content is being moved and added. I have made a couple moves in the past to a few sites trying to create a community based area, but each one has had it problems. Since the initial release, I've been waiting to update to 0.3 to re-start a domain owned WordPress platform, and unfortunatly, wordpress.com didn't have the options that I was looking for to rely on in the meantime.

This site in particular has some bugs that I cannot fix, and its not a WordPress based community. Plus, the fact that I don't have full control over the website to fix bugs and adjust configurations has always been an issue that comes up well too often. Just getting things added has been a pain relying BBCode, uploading, and the admin panel, but I guess it's about as good as 'free' can get.

The new website will still have a forum to write in. I'm currently using Buddy Press for group discussions(no group forum feature though), and bbPress for a central forum. Most of the site has just a basic layout, primary the BuddyPress theme, but I do plan on creating some catalog style pages to use as a various front pages that you see some themes featuring. So, it'll be interesting how things turn out and I hope enjoy the change to EkoJr.com.

http://advanced-post-list.wikiforum.net
Share this post on: reddit

No Comment.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum